Running Microsoft Intune and an iPhone? Do not upgrade to Apple iOS 9.2
Microsoft has discovered that Apple's recent iOS 9.2 release introduced errors affecting multiple device management (MDM) functionality.
This issue affects Microsoft Intune, and has been widely reported across multiple Mobile Device Management (MDM) providers. Microsoft engineers are working directly with Apple to assist in resolution of this issue.
Microsoft has stated;
"Based on reports from Intune customers, we have identified an issue with Apple's latest release of iOS 9.2 which is impacting devices managed via Mobile Device Management (MDM). To reduce the potential impact, Intune customers should advise their end users to wait before upgrading their devices to iOS 9.2."
The impact to an iOS 9.2 device managed by Intune will include:
- Managed application installations are affected
- Managed application status information will not be reported
- Compliant/Non-Compliant application information for customers using app white list and blacklist policies will not be reported
- Compliance checks initiated from Intune Company Portal on the device will fail
- Device syncs initiated from Intune Company Portal on the device will fail
- New configuration policies created by the admin will not be enforced
- If devices are compliant, they will continue to be compliant and will be allowed by Conditional Access
- If devices are not compliant and brought into compliance, they won't update their status and will be blocked by Conditional Access