Just add apps: Turn your smartphone or tablet into a business powerhouse
With the right business apps you can work anywhere, get more done, and make better use of your time. O2 have hand-picked a selection of apps that they think are the very best to help you work smarter and more effectively, with benefits you can see immediately. Here is why O2 thinks they are the best.
Collaborate and share. Simply and securely. With Box from O2.
Box is an app which allows businesses of all sizes to share and store content online. It makes sharing and collaborating easy both within the company and outside it – with clients, for example. With this or other similar systems on all your smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktops, all your important content can be accessed from virtually anywhere with a phone or internet connection. Because it’s built for business, Box is scalable and highly secure service. And it allows you to see, track and control all your documents, all the time.
The way we work is changing. Over half of us use three or more devices for work. Over a third work from three or more locations. Box is used by 99% of the top 500 companies in the US and here in the UK, Network Rail, local councils and businesses big and small are also among its customers.
Why O2 thinks businesses will love Box
- Ease of use. You can start uploading, downloading and sharing files with no training required. So there’s no need to send large files via email.
- Productivity. It helps businesses to make quick decisions. So you can work smarter, get more done and keep teams up-to-date.
- Value. There’s no need to invest in your servers with content in the cloud, so you don’t have to pay out for storage on-site.
- Flexibility. Box has a simple monthly fee per user. It’s easy to add users, so when you grow, it grows with you.
Why O2 thinks IT departments will love Box
- Simple to deploy and maintain. The app works with what you already have, so it can be set up in minutes and there’s no hardware to buy.
- Security and control. Box gives full admin control over who can access files and folders. It also encrypts all your sensitive information, in the office or on the go.
- Enterprise-grade security. With robust administrative controls and audit trails.
All your devices. Always protected with McAfee Multi Access from O2
McAfee Multi Access is an online security app that protects all your devices, all at once. The simple monthly subscription covers up to five devices. It protects your PCs, Macs, laptops, smartphones and tablets from viruses, spam, malware and identity theft. And all devices can be managed in one place with the online management console.
What you get
- Online management console – Manage devices, add users, even control who can access what online. All via the simple online management console.
- Auto updates – Cyber-attacks get more sophisticated every day but the app updates automatically to make sure you have the very latest protection against the very latest threats.
- Automated installation – Use just one link and McAfee auto-detects what the device is and installs the relevant security. It’s as quick and as simple as that.
- Remote tracking – Know exactly where all your smartphones and tablets are. Track them on a map and if they are not where they should be you can lock them remotely.
- Fixed monthly costs – Pick the fixed price package that’s right for you. There are no extras. No hidden charges. Just one simple subscription from just £3 per user, per month (ex vat).
Why O2 think it’s good for business
- Search, shop and bank online with peace mind – Stop spam and phishing emails reaching your inbox. The app also warns you of untrustworthy websites and wifi networks before you connect to them. And it works across different browsers too, including Safari, Chrome and Firefox.
- Secure your Smartphone and tablets – With real-time protection against mobile viruses and spam, your mobiles will be safe and sound. You can safeguard Android devices from apps containing malware and if your Smartphone or tablet is lost or stolen, the Multi Access tool can locate it, lock it or wipe it.
- A better way to manage your passwords – Lots of passwords can mean lots of ways in for potential cyber-attacks. With McAfee you can create one master password to securely log in to all your devices. And you can auto-populate usernames and passwords to save time too.
- Keep customers safe too – Passing viruses on to your clients or suppliers can be a bit embarrassing. The app can scan everything you send and avoid this. Losing customer information can also have legal consequences but important customer files are encrypted and locked with a password. So even if you lose your device, their details are safe.
Work remotely from anywhere with Microsoft Office 365
Microsoft Office 365 allows you to work almost whenever and wherever you want, on any device you choose. It’s cloud-based so your emails, documents, contacts and shared calendars are always with you and always up-to-date. As an O2 and Cellular Solutions customer, you can get it all from us with a simple, fixed monthly fee and dedicated Microsoft-accredited support team at your disposal.
How it works
You’ll get the most up-to-date Office applications on demand and easy-access, on any internet-connected device. So the latest software, business-grade email, diary management, document sharing, HD video-conferencing and instant messaging are all yours with no hidden costs.
Just some of the ways we think it can help you to work smarter
- Be more productive – Nothing increases productivity like staying connected to your office. If you’ve got access to the internet, just log in and start work or use your Office applications offline and back up later.
- Work together – Share documents with your team and customers wherever you are. Plus with multi-party HD video-conferencing, Presence and instant messaging, it’s easy to get the right people in one, virtual, place.
- Look professional – How customers view your business can make all the difference. Look the part with business grade email, with your own company address and behind the scenes, create, publish and manage your own website with professionally designed templates. All at no additional cost.
- All the support you need from us – Our dedicated Microsoft-accredited support teams are just a phone call away. From set up to day-to-day technical support and on-going advice, we’ll guide you all the way.
For a full breakdown of the products available with Microsoft Office 365 and why O2 think they will make your business better see the table below.